What is ArviaClass Tutor?
ArviaClass is an online learning platform that empowers teachers and students to connect and make learning happen without geographical limitations. Teachers can now participate in a gig economy form of work by listing their e-tuition classes and pre-prepared learning modules on ArviaClass Private Tuition. ArviaClass also provides administrative and training support when you are successfully on-boarded as a tutor on this platform.
Who can be a tutor?
Anyone who has the ability to tutor is welcomed to register for a tutor’s account on ArviaClass. Once you have registered, there will be a vetting process which involves an interview and training to ensure you meet certain requirements to deliver high quality teaching services on this platform.
What types of services can I provide as ArviaClass Tutor?
There are 4 main features enabling you to list your services on ArviaClass:
- Live Classes: Tutors may list live classes for any subject or topic of his/her choosing for students to book and attend. The platform provides a ready-to-use digital learning environment complete with a virtual whiteboard, real-time communication and content management system. Each class will take up to a maximum of 10 students at a time, for optimum results.
- Blended Learning: Tutors may provide pre-prepared learning materials which may be a combination of videos, notes and assessments, coupled with a live class as a listing on ArviaClass. Tutors will need to send the learning materials ahead of the live class to students for their self-learning, after which a review and discussion of those materials can take place in the scheduled live class, much like a flipped-classroom concept.
- Structured Course: Tutors may also list their pre-prepared learning modules on ArviaClass’s marketplace for students to subscribe to. These learning modules can come in any form, such as pre-recorded videos, notes, assessments or activities, covering any subject and topic of the tutor’s choice.
- Consultation Hour: Tutors may also list a block of time for students to book in order to consult the tutor on any questions related to the subject of the teacher’s expertise. This will be done via live video communication.
Can I use my own teaching materials?
Yes, you are encouraged to create your own materials for live classes and learning modules listings. However, when listing learning modules on ArviaClass, you must ensure your materials do not infringe on any copyrights.
Is registration free?
Yes, registration is completely free!
How do I register as a tutor?
Easy, simply logon to Pendaftaran Tutor Arvia and fill in the form. Don’t forget to submit all the supporting documents required to begin the onboarding process. After you have successfully submitted the form, please check your inbox for an email sent by ArviaClass. Click on the link provided to verify your email address, after which our team will be in touch with you shortly!
Why should I become a tutor in ArviaClass?
By joining ArviaClass, you will get:
- Support of Arvia Brand
- ArviaClass shopfront and marketplace
- Technology and system (live class, content, payment and class management)
- On-the-job training
- ArviaClass Certification Programme
- Large network of students
Do I need to look for students on my own?
No, ArviaClass will allocate ongoing resources for marketing and promotion to drive students onto the platform. We encourage you to provide detailed information about your strengths and expertise on your individual profiles, to differentiate your offerings amongst others.
Is there a minimum fee that I should charge for each class?
ArviaClass leaves the pricing of classes and learning modules up to individual tutors, with a minimum requirement of RM20/hour for Live Classes and Consultation Hours.
How many students can I teach in one class?
Each class may take up a maximum of 10 students at a time, for optimum results. This is to ensure that each student is able to engage with the tutor and have a high level of interaction to achieve the learning objectives.
Do you charge commission for classes?
For this partnership, ArviaClass will have some stake from your earnings.
Can I use ArviaClass on any device?
To conduct an effective live class, we recommend that you use a laptop with an operating system that has a microphone and video camera.
Do I need a Zoom account to conduct the live classes?
No, you don’t. ArviaClass has a built-in video call plug-in for live classes. We also have a virtual classroom complete with a virtual whiteboard and screen-sharing capabilities to facilitate e-teaching and learning.
I teach SK/SJK/SMK/IGCSE. Can I be a tutor in ArviaClass?
Yes, we welcome tutors that teach students from any type of school for primary and secondary school levels.
What is the onboarding process like?
First, tutors will have to fill in the registration form on Pendaftaran Tutor Arvia. After successfully submitting the form, ArviaClass will send an email to verify the tutor’s email address. Please check your inbox for this email and click on the link to verify. After doing so, our team will have received your registration and will be in touch shortly to arrange an interview and training session.